When it comes to studying abroad, Australia is a top choice for students from all over the world! The process of becoming a student in Australia, however, is a long and complicated one, involving visa applications, paperwork, and tests. Beyond Visa is the Best Canada Study Visa Consultants in Jalandhar, Punjab, India. You have to find out which visa will work for you, what all documents you will need, and learn how to apply for an Australian student visa. Here is the Australia study visa process step by step for admission to Australian universities, prepare for the application procedure and plan ahead so that it goes smoothly for you.
To apply for a student visa to Australia, follow these steps:
- To begin, go to the Department of Home Affairs website, fill out a few fields, and you’ll be given a list of all the papers you need to submit. Gather all of these documents and make copies of them.
- On the website, create an ImmiAccount, log in, fill out the application form, and upload any required papers.
- Double-check all of your information before submitting your application.
- Pay the AUD 620 (about) cost of an Australian student visa.
- Following that, you may be requested to provide biometrics, police certificates, and health exam results, among other things (which will add to your Australian student visa cost)
- Use your ImmiAccount to track the status of your application and wait for the visa decision.
Documents necessary for an Australian Student Visa include the following:
To meet these conditions, please submit the following:
- Proof of enrollment and admittance (your electronic confirmation of enrollment).
- A passport that is still valid.
- Your Australian student visa fee (in most cases, the student visa price is presently AU$620).
- A statement from you as a Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE).
- Documents relating to your education and work experience.
- Proof of your ability to communicate in English (such as IELTS test scores).
- Demonstration of your financial capability (tuition fees, living expenses, expenses for dependents, return airfare).
- Your health insurance policy’s specifics (Overseas Student Health Cover).
- Your Purpose Statement.
- Photocopies of your passport.
(If you are under the age of 18, you will need to provide extra parental consent paperwork to obtain an Australian Student Visa.)
You can work in Australia with your student visa:
If you need extra money while enrolled in a school, you can work up to 20 hours per week on your Student Visa and as much as you want during your vacations.
Types of Australian Visa:
- ELICOS SectorVisa(Subclass 570): to enroll in a full-time Overseas English Language Intensive Course (ELICOS).
- Schools Sector Visa (Subclass 571): you can apply for a Schools Sector Visa to study a full-time school discipline. You can apply for this course regardless of whether it is a primary or secondary school discipline.
- Certificate Visa for the Vocational Education and Training Sector (Subclass 572): To enroll in a full-time vocational or training course, such as a Certificate I, II, III, or IV, a Diploma, or an Advanced Diploma.
- For the full-time study of a bachelor’s degree, graduate certificate, or graduate diploma in higher education, this visa (Subclass 573) is available.
- This visa is exclusively available to international students who want to pursue a postgraduate degree such as a Ph.D. while in Australia, such as for postgraduate research.
- Student Guardian Visa (subclass 580): Student guardians must also get a visa.